The Edit Blog Love Sponsor Thrift Image Map

2012-10-15

Birthday Revelry

On Saturday it was my birthday. I turned 29. Things got wild.

131

Meh. That's a lie. I'm still feeling a little off, so while it was a busy weekend, it never crossed over into wild territory. The weekend included family, friends, hiking, shopping for sequins, margaritas and best of all, a singing cat card from Matt. I've already talked up that card on Facebook and Instagram (myeditblog to follow along with my biggest social media addiction and to see the card...) but it made my day when Matt brought it to me in bed on Saturday morning. I used to wish that Matt would write me birthday cards full of flowery prose extolling his great love for me. Now I realize him standing in the stationary aisle picking out the perfect card prior to my birthday is better than any mushy sentences he could write inside a card.

Oh ya and that champagne that I got so carried away with? It was used to make birthday mimosas on Saturday morning. My lady friend Julie and I shot our first Thrift and Sip YouTube video that morning!!! Yeah, I'm pretty excited (three exclamation marks worth of excitement to be exact...) and you should be too... Can't wait to get it up online; it will be a glorious waste of time!

bday3

15 comments :

Rachel said...

Happy Birthday! You should probably make a video of the card, so we can enjoy the singing, too.

My husband has artistic talent, so he draws me cards. They very often feature cats. They don't sing, but they're pretty great anyway.

Secondhand Stella said...

Happy birthday! Can't wait to see your video :)

Allie said...

Can't wait to see the video. Your blog really has transformed my thrifting trips. I'm thinking of hosting a few thrifting workshops in my town. Keep up the awesome work!

Allie of meadow-rue.com

Jessica Gitler said...

happy birthday!! love the sequined dress that you got (saw it on instagram!!) and nothing better than champagne!!
Jess
JESS CAUSE BLOG

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! Cant wait for the video now :-)

Frannie Pantz said...

Happy belated birthday Jen!

Sue @ A Colourful Canvas said...

Happy Birthday to you! It's looks like you had a lot of fun.

Terri said...

Happy birthday! And you totally had a wild birthday, you wore sequins.
http://stylishsass.blogspot.com

Rebecca Jane said...

Happy belated birthday - it sounds like a pretty darn fantastic one!

Kate said...

Happy birthday, lady! Sounds like it was lovely! xo!

WendyB said...

Happy birthday! You certainly can't beat a singing cat card.

Sheila said...

Happy Birthday, Jen!

Joanne M said...

happy belated birthday pretty girl! hope you had a good one:)

jackie said...

that sounds so perfect. Happy belated birthday!!!

Caramel Latte Kiss said...

Happy birthday! A singing cat card sounds the perfect birthday card to me...