The Edit Blog Love Sponsor Thrift Image Map

2012-10-22

Sleepless

pants5
pants2
pants4
pants3
pants1
pants6

Pants? Winners (similar and high end) Shirt? Gap, thrifted Jacket? c/o Jacob (here
Necklace? c/o RueBelle (here) Clutch? Thrifted Sunglasses? Thrifted

I might have told this story before. It's bound to happen when you have a blog for a few years and have some boundaries over what you will spill... I either recycle a story here and there, or I start lying. Recycling is the more responsible option.
Anyways, when I was 5, my parents bought me a fuzzy teddy bear sweater and I thought it was the best thing ever. But it was way too big and I had to wait to grow into it. I would take it out every month and try it on to see if it would fit yet. And one night, one glorious night, the sweater did fit. I was so excited that night with the sweater folded up at the foot of my bed to be worn the following day, that I hardly slept. 
That is a little how I felt about this outfit. Except there were no fuzzy teddy bears involved. And I did sleep the night before. And I didn't have to wait about a year to grow into it. But, I was embarrassingly excited to wear this... 

19 comments :

FutureLint said...

That jacket is insanely awesome, I'd be excited to wear it too!

Veronika Novotny said...

What an outfit, wow, love this look so much - you look gorgeous!! xo

Unknown said...

I agree with FutureLint--the jacket is great! I used to own a pair of red slacks (fancy) unfortunately instead of growing into them, I grew out of them.

www.curlyhaircurlyperson.wordpress.com

Jessica Gitler said...

I don't blame you .. this outfit is awesome ... you have such a effortless style!! I love it!
Jess
JESS CAUSE BLOG

eelsay said...

I love the red trousers so chic especially with the white jacket!

xo,
eelsay
www.theluxuryrehab.com

Elaine said...

Um. I love this. Everything.

Leah said...

ahha I used to always do that. I'd get hand me downs that I couldn't fit into so I would have to wait for that glorious day when i could finally wear it. Love this outfit!

Secondhand Stella said...

Super jealous of that clutch!!!!!

Jennifer said...

I love those pants :)

xo Jennifer

http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

Joanne M said...

Um, that jacket is ah-mazing! This outfit in general is killin' it! Happy you were able to wear it the next day and we didn't have to wait;)

xo, Joanne

Jeannie Marie said...

I love your story as much as the outfit!

amanda said...

those pants. that jacket. greatest things ever.

Unknown said...

My most fav outfit! The white jacket and the red pants - love it!

Melody said...

so great. I love white leather jackets!

The_Leather_Skirt_Blog said...

Always so classic. LOVE the red trousers!

http://theleatherskirt.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Love this look! So chic. But I think the pants look too big on you.
You always look fabulous no matter what you are wearing!

ella

Thrifted or Scripted? said...

Love this look on you, those pants are so slouchy cool(jealous!) and I can't even imagine what the inseam has to be to drag on the ground beneath those legs.

Anja said...

those pants are killer! amazing and with that jacket, love!! I sadly grew out of things too quickly as I am really tall, but it also know the feeling of wanting wear something really badly :)

Anja
A Heart and Soul Story Blog

Kaycee said...

One of my favorite outfits on you! You are rocking those red pants! :)