The Edit Blog Love Sponsor Thrift Image Map

2012-10-05

White Collar

leather2
leather5
leather1
leather3
leather4

Jacket? c/o Jacob (here) Denim shirt? Vanilia (similar distressed version hereSkirt? Thrifted 
Boots? c/o Aldo (here) Clutch? Thrifted

I like this. A fun little mix with some studded boots, my overly worn distressed shirt and a structured little jacket. Best of all, I managed to keep my wool jacket clean the whole time I wore it out. I know it's a predictable to talk about keeping white clothes clean any time white clothes make it on the blog, but that is because it is a big deal. I wore this out with friends for pizza and wine and that's just asking for trouble. Apparently, I'm a big girl now because I can finally wear white without staining it immediately.
Funny thing is, the last time Matt and I went to this specific pizza place, we saw a waitress drop a pizza on a customer's head. I felt so bad for the waitress (well, and the girl who got the pizza on her head) because it must have been her first day, but she put one pizza on the table and without paying attention to it, her other hand tilted and the second pizza slid off the serving tray and unto a girl's head. I only saw the it at the last minute but Matt saw the whole thing as we were walking up up the street to the patio. It was a little like a slow motion dream scene, where you dramatically scream 'nooooo...'
Sometimes I worry about running out of things to talk about on the blog. Then someone gets a pizza dropped on their head... 

26 comments :

Asher said...

This look is absolutely gorgeousss. I love the mix of leather & denim.

Lindsey A. Turner said...

Love this look! That jacket is stunning!

Lindsey
Thrift and Shout

Krystin Lee said...

Love the combo girl - very fun!
xo Krystin
suburbanfauxpas.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Love this look!! In envy of that that skirt!! Love the story too funny!

--Krista
www.junkindiggingettinlost.com

Mihaela said...

Noooooo!!
Actually, yessss!!! I love this look! :)

Mihaela said...

P.S. You would be proud of my one and only thrift. :D

Betsy said...

I am at the coffee shop right now and I just read this and started laughing out loud! Now, I'M a little bit embarrassed...

www.suspironews.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Great Aldo find - would have never guessed that's where they were from!!

fashionable footprints
fashionable footprints (facebook)

Mostly Style said...

Love your layers! And those booties? Fab! I have some grabby hands for those!

XO Lucy

PS. Thank goodness for pizza accidents!

Frannie Pantz said...

LOL Aw poor waitress and pizza victim. I was a HORRIBLE waitress when I did it. I dropped drinks and stuff on people all the time. It surprisingly never got less embarrassing. I love your fun combo here. The denim under that white blazer is so casual. I love it! Have a great weekend Jen!

Unknown said...

Love this outfit head to toe! The jacket is pretty awesome!

The_Leather_Skirt_Blog said...

Cute. Cute. Cute.

Cute outfit. Cute shoes. Cute story.

Cute. Cute. Cute.

http://theleatherskirt.blogspot.com/

Leah said...

worn in chambray shirts are the best! So comfy. Love the boots.

kelsey said...

i love this layered look! if it wasn't 45 degrees here, i would totally copy you tomorrow.

Jennifer said...

Studded boots can never fail ;)

xo Jennifer

http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

April said...

I LOVE that jacket! Very fun for fall!

jas said...

great jacket and hair!

http://forallthatjas.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

This outfit is so B.A. I'm really liking it.

Glad you didn't up with pizza in your hair. Pepperoni would definitely not go with that outfit.

xoxo,
Laura
http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

Sydney said...

That jacket is gorgeous. I have several pairs of white pants I always wear with the same hesitation... so far so good and there's usually not (much) the dry cleaner's can't get out! I love the white wool though - a great way to break the no white after labor day rule!

Heather said...

It IS a lovely jacket. Plus I'm a fan that it's white. Fun, fun!

I L.O.L'ed at that pizza story. Totally a "nooooo" reaction. I was once the "unfortunate food pallet" at a BBQ restaurant. One of the girls who was "bussing" the table behind me started throwing the plates in the bucket, and bbq sauce splattered my hair, shirt and white skirt...

At first I was really upset, because she didn't even stop, but then my friend (much braver and sassier), said "Excuse me ma'm you just got my friend really dirty..." Then she noticed, felt really bad and offered me a uniform shirt from the back, to which I refused (because at the time, I felt bad for being upset...). So me, I could have had an extra polo? Go figure.

-Heather
{heatheringheights.com}

Unknown said...

That is a huge deal to keep a white jacket clean! I love how you styled the jacket--it's a look I want to steal from you.

anythingariel said...

i want that booties badly!!!

anythingariel.tumblr.com

Nessbow said...

When I used to work as a waitress, I once poured soup into somebody's lap by accident. It was mortifying, but these things happen.

Kyla said...

B.A. Love that jacket and the boots especially.

Samantha said...

Ankle boots & leather skirts. Two of my favorites for fall!

Rogerswvvt said...

Love the combo girl - very fun! xo Krystin suburbanfauxpas.blogspot.com