The Edit Blog Love Sponsor Thrift Image Map

2013-11-25

Frosty

fluff5
fluff2
fluff3
fluff1
fluff6

Coat? Vintage, thrifted (beautiful similar one on etsy here and this pink one is great too) Pants? Joe Fresh 
Shoes? Guess, thrifted (very similar here) Purse? Thrifted

I thrifted this 50's or 60's (yes, those decades are so different on paper but there is still so much overlap and they still confuse me...) textured wool coat about 4 or 5 years ago. I was a little intimidated to wear something so oversized but I recognized that it was a great vintage piece and I couldn't leave it behind...

Sidenote: I probably go on about this quite often but if you love something, stop being afraid to wear it. I wasted years not wearing cool stuff because I was nervous and that's just dumb. As long as you can move and you wear things in the appropriate situation, the worst thing that can happen is an occasional side eye... And the best that can happen is that you feel fabulous and get compliments... Tangent over.

So, the coat hung in my closet for years and I thought I might as well consign it because it wasn't getting any wear. Happily, one of those great giant plastic buttons broke so I didn't consign it. I say happily because the coat was meant to stay in my closet and now I love wearing. It just took me a little while to grow the fashion bravery to wear it. 


*I always double check before I pose in front of graffiti because of the possibility of unsavoury words or pictures... This time we have a savoury word included. Who graffiti's the word perogi? Somebody awesome, that's who... 

19 comments :

The Wearist said...

Wow, the coat is beautiful. Congrats on the find!

Taylor
The Wearist
thewearist.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

That coat is everything! So elegant and cozy, would not mind to see it every other day at all, is just an amazing winter piece! I get so confused with the 50's and 60's too, all I know is that they were oh so fabulous!

Cee. ♥
Code Overdressed

Sue @ A Colourful Canvas said...

LOL, you and I think alike. The first thing I thought was, 'Perogi? Who graffiti's the word perogi? Awesome, and now I want perogis!'

Regardless of that little bit of trivia, I was intending to comment on the coat, it's just that fabulous! I get kind of weak over any jacket with 3/4 length sleeves, and the swing coat with 3/4 sleeves always has me at hello!

Unknown said...

That coat is amazing! Don't be afraid to wear it!!
It sorta reminds me of the thrifted fur jacket I wore to the Christmas Party on the weekend...it's also from the 60's (ish)...and majorly oversized....Brody being the fool he is decided to show me how big it is and put it on...it's fits my 6'3" hubby perfectly...and he's got a good hundred pounds on me! haha
I also have been to afraid to wear it (for at least 2 years it's sat in the closet)...I will admit I got some looks when I walked into the room...but I felt amazing...I'm guessing I felt somewhat like Kanye West...which totally explains why he's always rocking Fur! haha

Loulou said...

haha Perogi! I love that coat on you and think it's an excellent thing that you ended up hanging onto it. Well, unless you put it up for consignment and I was the one to happen upon it and get it for myself! :)

Annick said...

Haha perogi! Indeed, who graffities that? Loving the look today - the sleek pants really balance out the fluffy coat!

Bold Subtlety

Amanda Joy said...

love the jacket. so unique!
xx
A
www.denimanddaydreamsblog.com

DressUpNotDown said...

Is that a light plaid pattern I'm seeing? Beautiful!

www.dressupnotdown.blogspot.com

Please may I? said...

Beautiful jacket, great find.

X x

Jennifer Vincent said...

I was going to be terribly sad if you got through the whole post and didn’t mention Perogi.

Well done.

Anna said...

Good tangent. Side-eyes are admiration.

Elizabeth said...

I love your advice. I have an item of clothing that I adore but rarely wear because it's very bold. I am going to wear it proudly this week.

Jennifer said...

Love the colors and pattern on those heels!


xo Jennifer

http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

Stephanie Loudmouth said...

Hahaha, I noticed the 'perogi' right away (I'm Polish). Awesome. Such a fabulous outfit, by the way -- your accessories are killer!

alina said...

great accessories love all of the collection

Ms. Falcon said...

lovely coat! i would say , this coat is more 60s than 50s. when it comes to dating it's helpful to check the inside: is it handmade, what material is used for the lining, the buttons (back of the buttons: metal or plastic, hand carved ...) ...
in this case the buttons confuse me, they might be renewed. but they are beautiful.
anyhow, this piece is beautiful.

Smith said...

Cool stuff...really good...

Designer handbags online

Jane {torontoShopoholic} said...

I adore this coat. I was hoping it was in your shop so I could snatch it up :)

SOHI said...

Amazing!
Great article checkout our website https://buysohi.com/