The Edit Blog Love Sponsor Thrift Image Map

2014-01-20

Spots on Dots

spot2
spot3
spot1
spot5
spot4

Coat? Vintage (rain coat version on etsy here or fluffier one on Asos hereSilk blouse? Joe Fresh (here
Pants? Joe Fresh  (size down, hereShoes? Guess, thrifted Clutch? Hilary Radley


So many Cruella de Vil jokes, so little time...

This coat was a bit of an internal struggle for me... It's a mint 1960's coat and well, it's awesome. I put it in the shop and secretly (not so secretly really...) hoped that it wouldn't sell because I wanted it so bad. I'm a bizness woman now and I need to be strong, that's what I told myself...
Of course this would happen, I love vintage and now I am selling vintage. 
On the one hand I am impressed with myself at how easy it is to let things go, how I can set the boundaries between my own stuff and what goes into the shop. Not trying things on helps...  But on the other hand it is really tough to let some really special pieces go. It helps that they go to good homes because when people try on a more rare piece and get a little happy dance-y in the shop, I am thrilled to send it off with someone who loves it like I do. It's just that when I sell something special, I always get this panic that I will never find anything as special again. And of course I do but in that moment I just want to hoard all the good vintage in my closet. So, so selfish Yen...
One would think kindergarten is where you learn to share but I'm learning that tough lesson from owning a shop. Except for this coat, that was a little step back in the lesson plan... uh, whoops?


P.S. If you are interested, last Friday I was on the local morning show chatting it up about vintage. Tons of fun and minimal stress sweats (on my part, phew...) with my beloved motley crew of models, including Julie and my Mamabear... Click here to see us act like we knew exactly what we were doing;)


12 comments :

his_girl_friday said...

That coat is gorgeous! I don't blame you at all for keeping it to yourself, and you styled it perfectly! Love the dots on dots!

GFS said...

I watched your video clip! So good to hear your voice again! (Is that creepy?) lol!

What Lou Wore 365 said...

I don't blame you for hanging on to this one, it's stunning. I would have too :)

Anonymous said...

Dots and leopard make a great pair! I'd love to have my own shop, but think I'll go in bankruptcy in a few months, I'd keep it all! Hard to resist a fabulous piece like this!

Cee. ♥
Code Overdressed

Frannie Pantz said...

That is one reason why I would have a love/hate relationship with having a consignment shop. I am a hoarder of pretty clothing. I love this coat so much on you. It looks great with the dotted top!

Hannah Nelson said...

Seriously love this! You can pull it off so well

xo
http://myrunawaystyle.blogspot.com/

Lovaniez said...

Heyy super cool clip! Love the cape with pockets

Sara said...

So strange to hear you speak! Not at all what I expected :) Congrats on all your successes!

DressUpNotDown said...

Spots on Dots...gotta try that! :o)

www.dressupnotdown.blogspot.com

Katy Rose said...

I NEED that coat. I can't believe it is a vintage find and I'll not be able to score it. It looks great on you! - Katy

Monika Jones said...

The coat looks really great! Oh, and the clutch is my personal favorite!

Tenancy cleaners Wimbledon

Anonymous said...

Wonderful coat! I would have found it hard to let go of too. Congrats on a wonderful clip! It's always fun to discover what fellow bloggers sound like - it makes it more personal. :)