The Edit Blog Love Sponsor Thrift Image Map

2014-03-21

Bandwagonning

overalls4
overalls6
overalls5
overalls1
overalls3
overalls7
Overalls? Marshalls (very similar darker wash and lighter wash) Clutch? h&m 
Cuffs? c/o unikati & co (here) Boots? Nine West

Overalls have been over all the Internet (see what I did there?) lately and yes, I jumped on the bandwagon. I'm mostly just impressed that I found a pair that was long enough for my torso and didn't give me a wedgie with every step I took. 
Overalls had a moment back when I was elementary school and I had to miss out because I was too tall. Then they had a moment when I was in high school, this time with a tighter fit, a flared leg and a name brand label and I had to miss out because I was too broke. This time, at the ripe age of 30, I can afford and fit into overalls, so my childhood fashion dreams finally came true. Is there potential that a future outfit post will see me with one strap undone in true 90's fashion? Yes, there is, you've been warned. 

And those cuffs? They are from unikati and co. and made of a fascinating (and sobering, to be honest) choice of material. One of the ladies who runs unikati and co is from Hamilton and that original connection is how we got in touch. They kindly gifted me with one of these Cambodian made cuffs and I liked it so much, I then decided to buy another one myself. I got the second cuff to support a great company with a great philosophy. But also because wearing two cuffs makes me feel pretty freaking cool... maybe even like a superhero.

I guess my super power would be jumping on bandwagons in heels.

10 comments :

Nikki | The Ginger Diaries said...

Aw, good to hear your fashion story knew a happy ending! My mom dressed me up in overalls in the 90s, but this season I think I'll be skipping them. I'm still not entirely over my 90s-style traum haha! xo

Jennifer said...

Looking lovely as always, hun! Happy Friday!

xo Jennifer

http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

Rebecca Jane said...

You look so fab in these that it ALMOST makes me consider overalls. But not quite.

amanda said...

Haha, What Rebecca said. You look fabulous, but I do NOT see myself ever pulling this off ;)

sis said...

dear lord, you make overalls look good. like serious. I've noticed this trend & not been enticed to take part (for fear of re-living my way-too-big 90s overalls) until now. ...we'll see if it actually happens

those cuffs though.. that's something I would most definitely like to make happen - beautiful

Unknown said...

I think you look ridiculously cool in these overalls. They fit you like a dream. So pretty!

sarah said...

insanely cute look. I've also been looking for overalls for a while, but haven't found the right ones yet. Perhaps a trip to Marshals is in order...

Gwen said...

You look too cool! I was wearing overalls the first time I met my husband (and he was wearing a suit!) so I for one am thrilled they are coming back in style!

Unknown said...

michael kors outlet
gucci
cartier watches
louis vuitton uk
nike air max 90
canada goose uk
pandora jewelry
rolex watches
ugg slippers
adidas yeezy
replica watches
oakley sunglasses
cheap ray ban sunglasses
gucci outlet
nike roshe run
louis vuitton handbags
ugg boots uk
coach outlet
ugg boots
retro jordans
canada goose outlet
ugg boots
boston celtics jerseys
michael kors outlet
uggs outlet
louis vuitton outlet
uggs sale
ghd hair straighteners
air jordan pas cher
north face jackets
christian louboutin shoes
uggs outlet
gucci outlet
cheap jordans
ralph lauren outlet
ugg uk
ralph lauren polo
vans shoes
coach outlet online
adidas nmd
20169.2wengdongdong

Unknown said...

www11.17


christian louboutin
ferragamo belt
christian louboutin
ralph lauren polo
coach outlet
canada goose jackets